Last updated on Sunday, September 2, 2001 by Dan AdlerAbout Me:
Pictures of me looking happy / very, very happy ... courtesy Bell Labs.
Pictures from the nether regions of my cranium... Note the abnormally large full frontal lobe.
education = Engineering, Mathematics, Computer Science hobbies = opera singing (baritone), chess, piano favourite singers = Ramey, Christoff, Warren, Podles, Vickers, Bjoerling summer plans = wavelets with Dr. Lamoureux
Welcome to the newest collection of free Imbroglio utilities!
Abscissatron: large polynomial equation solver
Elasticos: realistic mass/spring physics simulation
Labyrinth: 3D maze game
Modometer: mouse odometer
Primordial: prime number generator and factorizer
Radix: numerical base converter
T3: tic-tac-toe game
Totalizer: mathematical expression calculator
Winfo: window information retriever
and soon... total matrix mayhem! with some sort of linear equation solver thing
an unmatched equation solver: <screenshots>
- features stand-alone quadratic, cubic, and quartic equation solvers,
- solves up to 100th order real-coefficient polynomial equations,
- solves up to 50th order complex-coefficient polynomial equations,
- creates equations from roots given by the user,
- plots customized graphs of functions which display tangent lines,
- assembles tables of values and evaluates polynomials,
- calculates arclengths of functions between two given points,
- differentiates and integrates functions,
- allows the user to enter input data from the program or from files,
- allows the user to copy and save all output,
- has a clean and elegant interface.
Download Abscissatron 1.0 [564kb] ... (requires VB5 run-time files)
Don't forget to register the software for free to receive support and updates.
Elasticos (take that, Wes!)
a realtime mass/spring system simulation: <screenshot>
- completely physically realistic mass and spring simulation,
- coupled mass-loaded springs are dangled, hurled, and swung from the mouse,
- full customization of all physical constants and other object properties,
- graphical environment is simple to use.
Download Elasticos1.0 [300kb] ... (requires VB5 run-time files)
Labyrinth (by James L. Dean)
a 3D maze game: <screenshot>
- randomly generates mazes of varying difficulty,
- can solve the mazes it creates,
- its maze chambers can be square or hexagonal,
- allows the user to rotate and configure the mazes.
Download Labyrinth 1.0 [72kb] ... (requires VB5 run-time files)
a mouse odometer: <screenshot>
- calculates and can display in real-time the total pointer distance travelled,
- can display distances in a variety of metric & imperial measurements,
- the user must calibrate the modometer for their particular screen,
- keeps record of the number of left & right mouse clicks made,
- counts the number of keyboard clicks,
- its counters can be reset at any time,
- has a very unobrusive interface,
- runs silently in the background while the user works,
- can be made visible with a click in the windows tray,
- the user can specify to have it run at system startup.
Download Modometer 2.0 [54kb] ... (requires VB5 run-time files)
a prime number sieve: <screenshot>
- searches for and displays large prime numbers,
- performs tests to determine if individual numbers are prime,
- factorizes large composite numbers.
a numerical base converter: <screenshot>
- converts real numbers to and from any bases between 2 and 36,
- converts to arabic from roman numerals and vice-versa.
Download Radix 1.0 [20kb] ... (requires VB5 run-time files)
a tic-tac-toe game: <screenshot>
- offers four distinct levels of play,
- can only be tied on top level and plays a variety of 'openings',
- the computer may play either X or O,
- two humans may battle it out, or the AI engine can play itself.
a mathematical expression solver: <screenshot>
- parses and solves complex mathematical expressions,
- allows 25 user-defined variables,
- includes over 80 built-in functions and physical constants.
Download Totalizer 1.0 [50kb] ... (requires VB5 run-time files)
a window information retriever: <screenshot>
- works by the user dragging or moving the cursor over a window area,
- displays information on the window's metrics and identification,
- zooms into the area around the users cursor,
- can display a border around the window being investigated.
Download Winfo 1.0 [33kb] ... (requires VB5 run-time files)
Don't forget to send comments, questions, or bugs to
Daniel Adler <email@example.com>
"I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones."
-- Albert Einstein
Read some of my poetry.